Observation – What do I see?
Few things to follow in observation:
The questions we must ask:
Who? Who are the people mentioned in the text? What is their relationship to each other?
What? What are the key truths or happenings?
Where? Where did it happen? Where is it said? – The geography and location of the events in the passage are important.
When? When did it happen? - The time sequence of the events
How? How it happened? – The way by which things happened.
Assignment # 1
· Read the text a minimum of three times.
· Answer the following questions
1. Who are the people involved in the story?
2. What time of the day is it?
3. What did Jesus tell His disciples?
4. What happened? (Retell the incident in your own words)
5. How serious was the storm ?
6. Where was Jesus during the storm?
7. What was the question the disciples asked Jesus?
8. How did Jesus respond to their question?
9. What did He ask His disciples?
10. What did the disciples say to one another?